Suraj Nangia, Partner answers the queries with regard to personal tax for DNA. 

Queries –

  1. I am a retired person living in my own house. I file filling ITR every year. I paid Rs 2,800 municipal tax (property tax). Can I deduct the same amount from income from house property?
  2. I donated money to two charitable organisations-one is a hospital and one is a trust that runs a school. Can I claim tax exemption for both?
  3. In my previous job the company never gave us the Form 16 and later on we learnt that the tax that was cut from our salaries was not paid to the government. Now I have changed my job. How can I check if the current employer is paying the taxes?

Personal Tax Deduction On Municipal Tax - Suraj Nagia

Leave a Comment